APPLYING FOR A GRANT, COLLECTING AND DISTRIBUTING THE ASSETS
If you would like us to apply for a Grant, our estimated cost will start at £750 plus
VAT. The exact cost will depend on the individual circumstances of the matter.
For example, if there is one beneficiary and no property, costs will be at the
lower end of the range. If there are multiple beneficiaries, a property and
multiple bank accounts, costs will be at the higher end.
WE WILL HANDLE THE FULL PROCESS FOR YOU!
THIS QUOTE IS FOR ESTATES WHERE:
If you would like us to apply for the Grant collect and then distribute the affects, we would charge an hourly rate of £200 plus VAT. In addition, we will charge half of the value of the house plus 1% of the remainder of the estate. In cases where we have been appointed executor or joint-executor, we charge 1.5% of the property plus 1% of the estate value.
DISBURSEMENTS IN ADDITION TO THIS FEE:
- Probate application fee of £155 approximately.
- £7.00 Swearing of the oath (per executor)
- Bankruptcy-only Land Charges Department searches (£3 per beneficiary)
- £62.15 Post in The London Gazette – Protects against unexpected claims from unknown
- £50 approximately. Posted in a Local Newspaper – This also helps to protect against
unexpected claims. The exact cost depends on the individual newspaper.
Disbursements are costs related to your matter that are payable to third parties, such as
court fees. We handle the payment of the disbursements on your behalf to ensure
a smoother process.
POTENTIAL ADDITIONAL COSTS
- If there is no will or the estate consists of any shareholdings (stocks and
bonds) there is likely to be additional costs that could vary significantly
depending on the estate and how it is to be dealt with. We can give you a more
accurate quote once we have more information.
- If any additional copies of the grant are required, they will cost £0.50 (1 per
- Dealing with the sale or transfer of any property in the estate is not included.
HOW LONG WILL THIS TAKE?
On average, estates that fall within this range are dealt with within 2-3 months.
Typically, obtaining the grant of probate takes 2-3 weeks. Collecting assets
then follows, which can take between 6-10 weeks. Once this has been done, we
can distribute the assets, which normally takes 3-4 weeks.